Sacrifice of the wealth and Standing Orders for Jihad
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
Stage – 1, Verse – 195 of 286, Section – 24 of 40 (Part - 2)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
And spend your wealth for the Cause of Allah, and cast not (yourselves) by your own hands to ruin; and do good. Lo! Allah loveth the beneficent.
Wa ‘anfiquu fii sabiiLIllaahi
wa laa tulquu bi-‘aydii-kum ‘ilattahlukah. Wa
laa tulquu bi-‘aydii-kum ‘ilat-tahlukah – (cast not (yourselves) by your own hands to ruin), there was command about fighting and strive (qataal & jihaad) in the previous verses, and it has been ordered to spend the wealth for the cause of God Almighty before this sentence of this verse. As though, it is the command of God Almighty that whenever there is a need to strive for the country and nation, and the sacrifice of the wealth is required, don’t show the avarice, and don’t stop your hands to spend the wealth for the cause of Allah. If you will do so, then it will be like that you will cut your own feet, you will slaughter yourselves. Doing so, not only it will harm the nation and country, but the defeat of the nation will be your own defeat and the harm of the religion will be your decline.
Some people take its meaning wrong: Plunge not into the danger intentionally and don’t put your life into the risky affairs. This motive is entirely not from this sentence, it is true, but neither there is situation of it and nor it has been mentioned here.
Command for fighting and strive, it has been prescribed upon the Muslims in the earlier verses that they should sacrifice their lives in the way of God Almighty, fight the enemies of His religion to raise it. If Idolaters and Infidels resist their work, they should fight against them also and lift their swords upon them to stop the cruelty. In this verse, God Almighty has ordered to spend their wealth for the Cause of Allah Almighty.
Sacrifice of the lives is required to crush the enemies and to press the mischief and the rebellion, so that the soldiers of God Almighty plunge into the battlefield keeping their lives on their palms, with full excitement of Islam without caring of their death and slaughter, and strive for only one purpose ‘Raising the name of Allah Almighty’. For this intention, spending the wealth and property is needed at the second stage, so that the arms, weapons and equipment for war may be bought, security may be provided to the left behind members of the soldiers’ families, necessities of life of the martyrs’ children and widows may be fulfilled, eating and drinking items for the Army may be amassed and goods of ration may be stored in case of being besieged.
‘ahsinuuu – (do good) the meanings of ‘ih-saan (favor, kindness) are “to do good behavior and goodness”. It aims that what would you do, that should be done with good intention and sincerity. Don’t do any work only as bringing down the forced labor (taken without wages or remuneration) and paying debt. Also that nothing can become hindrance in the good behavior during fighting and strive (qataal & jihaad). Messenger of God Almighty preached so more for the good behavior that while you begin to sacrifice any animal, then do so that it feels the pain at the very least too.
Standing Orders For Fighting And Strive
The orders regarding fighting and strive (Qataal wa Jihaad) end on the verse – 195. It seems reasonable that the obligatory aspects of the fighting and strive, its terms and conditions should be stated briefly. Since some misled people are apparent totally as Deniers of the fighting on one side and on the other side; our enemy historians; particularly the western authors defame the Muslims and Islam narrating the strive as only beating and brawl out, slaughtering and plundering, and religious bloody fight.
Now we are going to discuss the matter numerically in the light of verses up to 195:
· Fight for the cause of Allah Almighty.(190)
· Fight only those people who fight against you (190), in other words don’t fight with the people who like peace and love, that is to say; the children, the women, the ailing, the excusable and unarmed people.
· Don’t intensify; God Almighty doesn’t like the individuals who oppress. (190).
· Slay them wherever ye find the enemy in the battlefield (191); remember that this order is only for the situation of war and not during peace time.
· Drive your enemies out of the areas whence they drove you out (191).
· Try neither to make mischief/disturbance or quarrel, nor let any individual to do this. The persecution is worse than slaughter (190).
· You can fight only against the persons at the Inviolable Place of Worship (Masjidil-Haraam) who fight there otherwise you can’t.(191)
· If the enemy desists from war then stop it (192).
· Fight until sedition/persecution is no more and the Religion of God Almighty excels. (192)
· Let there be no hostility except against the wrongdoers (193).
· Respect the Forbidden Months and stop fighting during these months (194).
· Observe your duty to God Almighty and know that Allah Almighty is with those who ward off (evil) (194).
· Spend your wealth for the cause of Allah Almighty. If you will not do so, then you will cast yourselves by your own hands to ruin. (195).
· Do good and honoring. Lo! Allah Almighty loves the beneficent. (195)
Think about all above. Which point is against the wisdom, justice or nobility from them?