Quran Chapter 4 -142 & 143 (Pt-5, Stg-1) (L-616) - درس قرآن
Know the Hypocrites
Suratun-Nisaaa’ (The Women) – Chapter – 4)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
إِنَّ ٱلْمُنَٰفِقِينَ يُخَٰدِعُونَ ٱللَّهَ وَهُوَ خَٰدِعُهُمْ وَإِذَا قَامُوٓا۟ إِلَى ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ قَامُوا۟ كُسَالَىٰيُرَآءُونَ ٱلنَّاسَ وَلَا يَذْكُرُونَ ٱللَّهَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا (142
مُّذَبْذَبِينَ بَيْنَ ذَٰلِكَ لَآ إِلَىٰ هَٰٓؤُلَآءِ وَلَآ إِلَىٰ هَٰٓؤُلَآءِ وَمَن يُضْلِلِ ٱللَّهُ فَلَن تَجِدَ لَهُۥ سَبِيلًا (143
142. Lo! The hypocrites seek to beguile Allah, but it is He Who beguileth them. When they stand up to worship they perform it languidly and to be seen of men, and are mindful of Allah but little.
143. Swaying between this (and that), (belonging) neither to these nor to those. And he whom Allah causeth to go astray, thou (O Muhammad) will not find a way for him.
142. ‘Innal-Munaa-fiqiina yu-khaadi-‘uunAllaaha wa Huwa khaadi-‘uhum. Wa ‘izaa qaamuuu ‘ilas-Salaati qaamuu kusaalaa, yuraaa-‘uunan-naasa wa laa yazkuruunAllaaha ‘illaa qaliilaa.
143. Muzab-zabiina bayna zaalik,- laaa ‘ilaa haaa-‘ulaaa-‘i wa laaa ‘ilaa haaa-‘ulaaa’. Wa many-yuzli-Lillaahu falan- tajida lahuu Sabiilaa.
Yu-khaadi-‘uuna – (they beguile), khaadi-‘uhum – (He will beguile them), both words are from the same origin. Base of these words is khadaaa’, which means ‘to beguile, to cheat, to deceive, to exercise cleverness’. Its aim is that the hypocrites deceive God Almighty and His servants with their own vanity assurance, while they have deceived themselves but they do not feel. God will reply them about this deceiving.
Kusaalaa – (languidly), it is plural of kaslaan, which has been derived from kasala, means laziness, idleness and indolence. Kaslaan is that person, who works with indolence, like a tired, and that, who does not work actively and with love.
Yuraaa-‘uuna – (to be seen of), it is from riaaa’, which means to work as for to be seen of the people. These persons perform the worship and offer the prayer only for the purpose that others consider them worshippers.
Muzab-zabiina – (swaying between), it has been made from zabzabah, which means “Swaying between this and that, belonging neither to these nor to those”.
Following five outward indications of the hypocrites have been described in these verses:-
1. They have fallen themselves in the deception, but think that they deceive Allah Almighty.
2. They perform worship but languidly, like tired persons and with indolence.
3. There is no sincerity in their prayers. They offer prayer only to be seen of the people.
4. They seldom remember their Creator (Allah Almighty).
5. They remain lingered between the belief and the infidelity. Neither they embrace belief heartily nor can they join the infidelity clearly.