Quran Chapter 4 -137 to 139 (Pt-5, Stg-1) (L-613) - درس قرآن
Staggering faith of Hypocrites
Suratun-Nisaaa’ (The Women) – Chapter – 4)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ ثُمَّ كَفَرُوا۟ ثُمَّ ءَامَنُوا۟ ثُمَّ كَفَرُوا۟ ثُمَّٱزْدَادُوا۟ كُفْرًا لَّمْ يَكُنِ ٱللَّهُ لِيَغْفِرَ لَهُمْ وَلَا لِيَهْدِيَهُمْ سَبِيلًۢا (137
بَشِّرِ ٱلْمُنَٰفِقِينَ بِأَنَّ لَهُمْ عَذَابًا أَلِيمًا (138
ٱلَّذِينَ يَتَّخِذُونَ ٱلْكَٰفِرِينَأَوْلِيَآءَ مِن دُونِ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ أَيَبْتَغُونَ عِندَهُمُ ٱلْعِزَّةَ فَإِنَّ ٱلْعِزَّةَ لِلَّهِ جَمِيعًا 139
137. Lo! those who believe, then disbelieve and then (again) believe, then disbelieve, and then increase in disbelief, Allah will never pardon them, nor will He guide them unto a way.
138. Bear unto the hypocrites the tidings that for them there is a painful doom-
139. Those who chose disbelievers for their friends instead of believers! Do they look for power at their hands? Lo! All power appertaineth to Allah.
137. ‘Innal-laziina ‘aamanuu summa kafaruu summa ‘aamanuu summa kafaruu summaz-daaduu kufral-lam yaku-Nillaahu li-yagfira lahum wa laa li-yahdi-yahum Sabiilaa.
138. Bash-shiril-Munaa-fiquuna bi-‘anna lahum ‘azaaban ‘aliimaa.
139. ‘Allaziina yattakhi-zuunal- kaafiriina ‘aw-liyaaa-‘a min duunil Mu’-miniin. ‘A-yabta-guuna ‘inda-humul ‘izzata fa- ‘innal- ‘izzata Lillaahi jamii-‘aa.
‘Az-daaduu – (increased), zaa-‘id and ziyaadah etc. are also from the same origin, which means – more and more i.e. to increase, to exceed, to surpass.
It was mentioned previously that those people, who are weak in their beliefs or who show themselves believers only verbally, while in fact; they are not believers, they should strengthen their beliefs, as though; it signifies that their beliefs can be correct only when they will obey the commandments of Allah Almighty and when they will listen to the admonition and preaching, and act upon the advice. Then the belief can be born in to them eventually. Those persons who embrace Islam seemingly only to show that they are believers, there is fear for them that they deny the matters of Islam due to very little pretense. After that, they become Muslims again verbally either by saying someone or for their own advantage. Another time, they become Infidels again when situation permits them. In short, they remain wandering, sometime they wander hither and sometime thither. Thus they die a day. It is visible that gradation of infidelity and hypocrisy is spread over such people and they die in such form.
Then it has been described, “Cause to hear those persons carefully, who believe verbally only (not heartily) i.e. hypocrites and it is the glad tidings for them, because they are not able to hear any sincere glad news, that very painful doom is ready for them. Day by day, they incline towards infidels and set aside the Muslims. At last, they make the infidels only; their friends and leave the Muslims entirely. What is ultimately their wish? Do they hope that their respect will increase by joining the infidels? Remember it that All power appertains to Allah Almighty. Nobody has power (honor) either for himself or for others. Allah Almighty bestows power to whom He wills. Therefore, believe in Him, correct your faith and obey His Orders. Remain never upon this trust that someone else can give you respect.