Quran Chptr 4-46b (Pt-4,Stg-1)(L-549) -درس قرآن
Surah ‘An-Nisaaa’ (The Women) – Chapter – 4)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
46b. And if they had said: “We hear and we obey; hear thou, and look at us” it had been better for them, and more upright. But Allah hath cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, save a few.
46b. Wa law ‘annahum qaaluu sami’-naa wa ‘ata’-naa wasma’ wan-zurnaa lakaana khayral-lahum wa ‘aq-wama, wa laakilla- ‘annahumul-laahu bi-kufrihim falaa yu’-minuuna ‘illaa qaliilaa.
Some deviations of the Children of Israel were pointed out in the previous verses, for example they purchased depravity giving up guidance, made literal and meaningful changes in the Word of Allah Almighty, used to talk double-entendre sentences, from which apparently; good meanings used to come out but their aim was against the fact and they used to disgrace the Messenger of Allah Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him) secretly.
They are being instructed in this verse that it is their boundless unbecoming behavior. It was better for them if they had not done so. They would have used clear, correct and suitable words. For instance:
· ‘Ata’-naa (we obeyed) in place of ‘asay-naa.
· Only the word ‘isma’ (hear) in place of the words ‘isma’ gayra musma-‘in (hear thou as one who cannot be made to hear).
· The word ‘un-zurnaa (look at us) instead of saying raa-‘inaa.
Allah Almighty removed them from His Mercy and Guidance due to their infidelity. They do not understand simple and useful matters, and do not have faith except some of them. Out of those believer Jews are – ‘Abdullah bin Salaam (razi Allaahu Anhu) etc. who used to be saved from wickedness and villainies of the Jews and remained safe and sound from the curse of Allah Almighty.
Three matters have become very clear from this verse:
1. The Jews disbelieved in the Messenger of Allah Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace of Allah Almighty be upon him) intentionally, although they knew glad tidings and predictions about Him (grace, glory, blessings and peace of Allah Almighty be upon him).
2. They used to address the Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace of Allah Almighty be upon him) with such words, which had good meanings apparently, but take their bad meanings in to their hearts. As though, they used to behave deceitfully (trick of hypocrisy).
3. Moreover, they did not believe in the unity of the Deity and Apostleship, used to make alterations in the Heavenly Scriptures. They slaughtered the Prophets (peace be upon them) unjust. Due to this infidelity, they were cursed by Allah Almighty and thrown away from His Kindness. It means that they were drowned in the baseness and disgrace of all kind. Path of guidance, success and happiness was closed for them.