Quran Chapter 4-69 & 70 (Pt-4, Stg-1)(L-565) -درس قرآن
Favored servants of God
Surah ‘An-Nisaaa’ (The Women) – Chapter – 4)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
69. Whoso obeyeth Allah and the Messenger, they are with those unto whom Allah hath shown favour, of the Prophets and the saints and the martyrs and the righteous. And what a best of company are they indeed.
70. That is Bounty from Allah. And Allah sufficeth as Knower.
69. Wa many-yuti-‘Illaaha war-Rasuula fa- ‘ulaaa-‘ika ma- ‘allaziina ‘an- ‘amAllaahu ‘alay-him-minan-Nabiy-yiina was-Siddii-qiina wash-Shuha-daaa-‘i was-Saalihiin. Wa hasuna ‘ulaaa-‘ika Rafiiqaa.
70. Zaalikal-Fazlu minAllaah. Wa kafaa bIllaahi ‘Aliimaa.
In this holy verse, Allah Almighty has described about His those glorious slaves who have been treated with the special kindness.
1. ‘An-Nabiy-yiina - It is Plural of Nabii. Nabii means Prophet (peace be upon Him). Those Selected Servants of Allah Almighty, Who were sent in the world to deliver the Message of Allah Almighty to the human beings. This Message was sent unto the Prophets (peace be upon them) by Allah Almighty through an Angel (peace be upon Him), they used to feel the arrival of the Angel and transmit the Message to the humankind without any reduction or increase in it.
2. ‘As-Siddii-qiina - (the saints), plural of Siddiiq, which means ‘a faithful witness of the truth’. It is also a title of Prophet Joseph (peace be upon him) and Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) – the companion of last Messenger of Allah Almighty, Muhammad (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him). ‘As-Siddii-qiina are those people, whose hearts accept the Messages of the Prophets as true naturally. They do not need any reason or proof.
3. ‘Ash-Shuha-daaa-‘a - (the martyrs), it is plural of Shahiid, these are the people, who are ready every time to sacrifice their lives upon the commands of Prophets (peace be upon them) and produce evidence of the truth with their own blood.
4. ‘As-Saalihiina - (the righteous people), it is plural of Saalih. These are such persons, whose nature is good innately and who have purified their souls and bodies from the evils, licentiousness, lewdness and impurities.
These four kinds of persons are excellent out of the entire human beings. Allah Almighty has bestowed them superiority and eminence upon all other people and comforted them with His Bounty.
The classification of their dignities is the same as it has been kept in the verse. That is to say, the Messengers and the Prophets (peace be upon them) have the highest ranks among the human beings. Junior to them is the degree of As-Siddii-qiin. Then the rank of ‘Ash-Shuha-daaa-‘a - (the martyrs) comes after them. The last degree in this category is ‘As-Saalihiina - (the righteous people). These all persons are replete with the blessings, nobility and mercy of Allah Almighty according to their ranks. It has already been mentioned earlier that the human beings are not equal in accordance with their ability and qualifications. Excellent out of the remaining people (excluding the above-mentioned persons) are those, who remain busy in obedience of Allah Almighty and His Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him). Fellow-ship of the Prophets (peace be upon them), the Saints, the Martyrs and the Righteous (may Allah be agreed upon them) will also become their fortune according to their degree, qualification and ability. It does not aim that they will become exactly like them, however, they will be counted into their servants and their relationship will be connected with them. It is a very big kindness that this relationship has been named as “a best of company”. Otherwise, it is a very greatness of luck too to be accepted as their servants.
We pray in our each prayer that we should be guided to go on the Straight Path, the Path of those who have been described above. Surah ‘Al-Faatiha (Chapter -1 “the Opening”) teaches us the lesson, “Show us the Straight Path, the Path of those whom Thou hast favoured”, “Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray”. Company of these great people will be in those peoples’ luck, who will obey Allah Almighty and follow His Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him).