Quran Chapter 4-66 to 68 (Pt-5, Stg-1)(L-564) -درس قرآن
Religious Commands are not difficult
Surah ‘An-Nisaaa’ (The Women) – Chapter – 4)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
66. And if We had decreed for them: Lay down your lives or go forth from your dwellings, but few of them would have done it; and if they had done what they have been admonished it would have been better for them, and more strengthening-
67. And then We would have bestowed upon them from Our Presence an immense reward-
68. And We would have guided them unto a Straight Path.
66. Wa law ‘annaa katabNaa ‘alayhim ‘aniqtuluuu ‘anfu-sakum ‘awikh-rujuu min- diyaari-kum-maa fa-‘aluuhu ‘illaa qalii-lum-minhum. Wa law ‘annahum fa-‘aluu maa yuu-‘azuuna bi-hii lakaana khay-rallahum wa ‘ashadda tasbiitaa.
67. Wa ‘izalla-‘aatay-Naahum-milla-dunnaaa ‘ajran ‘aziimaa.
68. Wa lahaday-Naahum Si-raatam-Musta-qiimaa.
KatabNaa - this word has come out from Kataba which means ‘to write’. When the word ‘alaa comes after the word KatabNaa, then its meanings are changed as ‘to command’ someone. That is to say, ‘We ordered’.
Tasbiitaa – To strengthen, to stable, to make firm, to establish or to prove.
In the previous verse, it was advised to every mankind that they should act upon the commands of Messenger of Allah Almighty, Muhammad (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him) because Messengers and Prophets (peace be upon them) are sent in the world only for the purpose of obedience, and what they say, that is the Commandment from Allah Almighty, not their own.
This verse states that obeying and following the Prophet (peace be upon him); is not too much difficult because Prophet of Allah Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him) instructs the people to perform very easy works, which are beneficial for them. He (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him) is Our (God’s) beloved Messenger.
If We (Allah Almighty) desired to command the Messenger for performing very difficult works, We could have. For instance, if We had ordered them, “Lay down your lives (by choking or die stabbing yourselves) or go forth from your dwellings (get out from your houses), then they would never have been ready to obey such commands but only a few of them would have done so. They should think that, We have neither instructed them to leave their houses, lose their lives, nor put themselves into the troubles and hardships as We did with the people before them, but prescribed for them easy tasks in which less effort is required while the reward is more than enough.
Then it is said that if they would have performed these easy works happily, it would have been better for them. Their hearts would have been strong and belief matured, We had put them in a Straight Path, which lead them to the house of immortal comfort and pleasure. But, they do not understand that if these easy tasks are done with good intention and true heart, then its retaliation is a big reward, that; the human being is saved from pain, sorrow and torment forever and reaches the house of comfort and happiness.
Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’an published By Idara Islah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/8cs3dwhJI1Q