If God had not repelled some men by others the earth would have been corrupted
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
Stage – 1, Verses – 249b to 251 of 286, Section – 33 of 40 (Part - 2)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
249b. And after he had crossed (the river), he and those who believed with him, they said: We have no power this day against Goliath and his hosts. But those who knew that they would meet Allah exclaimed: How many a little company hath overcome a mighty host by Allah’s leave! And Allah is with the steadfast.
249b. Falammaa jaawaza-huu huwa wallaziina ‘aamanuu ma- ‘ahuu, qaaluu laa taaqata lanal-yawma bi-Jaaluuta wa junuudih. Qaalal-laziina ya-zunnuuna ‘annahum- mulaaqUllaahi, kam-min- fi- ‘atin-qaliilatin galabat fi- ‘atan- kasiiratam- bi- ‘izNIllaah. WAllaahu ma-‘as-Saabiriin.
Jaaluuta – (Goliath), he was commander of Palestinian Army against the Jews. This person had Giant stature and muscular youth. His strength, power and stoutness have been mentioned in the Holy Torah with detail. It is told that his height was ten feet. He used to remain in iron dress from his head to feet. A heavy shield used to remain in his hand.
When Prophet Saul (peace be upon him) started journey with his Believer Associates towards Goliath, first of all, He warned them that they should not drink water from the river in the way more than a hollow of a hand, otherwise they would be separated. But it was, they drank water bellyful except a few persons out of them, and then they were too weak even to walk.
When this little company reached opposite the enemy, looking their scarcity in numbers, these servants of Allah Almighty said, “How shall we face so much big army”? But they exclaimed also with full faith and strong belief, “No! Victory will be ours’; usually it has happened in the history that little companies have overcome mighty hosts by Allah’s leave”.
Decision of victory and defeat doesn’t depend on the number of Armies, but it depends on the support from God Almighty and strength of hearts. The people who become followers of patience and firmness, Allah Almighty supports them.
Perseverance is a very great power. With the aid of remaining steadfast in the field of action, God Almighty helps the persons from invisible sources and bestows on them success.
God helps those who help themselves.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
250. And when they went into the field against Goliath and his hosts they said: Our Lord! Bestow on us endurance, make our foothold sure, and give us help against the disbelieving folk.
251. So they routed them by Allah’s leave and David slew Goliath; and Allah gave him the kingdom and wisdom, and taught him of that which He willeth. And if Allah had not repelled some men by others the earth would have been corrupted. But Allah is a Lord of Kindness to (His) creatures.
250. Wa lammaa barazuu li-Jaaluuta wa junuudihii qaaluu Rabbanaaa ‘afrig ‘alaynaa sab-ranw-wa sabbit ‘aqdaamanaa wan-surnaa ‘alal—Qawmil-kaa-firiin.
251. Fa-hazamuuhum- bi- ‘izNIllaahi, wa qatala Daa-wuudu Jaa-luuta wa ‘aataa-HUllaahul- Mulka wal- Hik-mata wa ‘allama-huu mim-maa yashaaa’. Wa law-laa daf- ‘Ullaahin-naasa ba’-zahum- bi-ba’-zil-lafasa-datil- ‘arzu wa laa-kinNAllaaha Zuu-Fazlin- ‘alal- ‘Aalamiin.
Daawuudu- (David), David (peace be upon him), who was son of Yasii and a Prophet of God Almighty during 1024 BC to 963 BC. Recitation in the Holy Qur-‘an about him is at sixteen places. He was a young soldier in the Army of Prophet Saul (peace be upon them), till that time, neither he had proclaimed about his prophet-hood, and nor he had yet been appointed as king.
When the Army of Prophet Saul reached opposite Goliath’s Army, Goliath challenged the servants of God Almighty due to his personal strength and power. The Believers do never trust in their abundance of manpower or ability of their personnel force. So they requested to Allah Almighty for endurance and prayed for making them foothold sure.
It was primary time of Prophet David (peace be upon him). He was a part of the Army of Saul (peace be upon him). Goliath was killed with his hands and the truth-lover Army got victory and success. It is the Practice of God Almighty that He repels and defeats some men by others, and doing so; He removes badness and quarrels from the earth.