LESSON # 358
Jesus, (A Messenger for the Children of Israel) and His Miracles
Surah ‘Aali ‘Imraan (The Family of Imran - 3), Stage – 1,
Verses – 48 & 49 of 200, Section – 5 of 20, (Part – 3)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
48. And He will teach him the Scripture and Wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel.
49. And will make him a Messenger unto the Children of Israel, (saying): Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Allah’s leave and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah’s leave. And I announce unto you what ye eat and what ye store up in your houses. Lo! herein verily is a portent for you, if ye are to be believers.
48. Wa Yu-‘allimuhul-Kitaaba wal-Hikmata wat-Tawraata wal-‘Injiil.
49. Wa Rasuulan ‘ilaa Baniii-‘Israaa-‘iila. ‘Annii qad ji’-tukum bi-aayatim-mir-Rabbi-kum, ‘anniii ;akhluqu lakum-minat-tiini ka-hay-‘atit-tayri fa-‘anfukhu fiihi fa-yakuunu tayram-bi-‘izNIllaah. Wa ‘ubri-‘ul-‘akmaha wal-‘abrasa wa ‘uh-yil-mawtaa bi-‘izNIllaah. Wa ‘unabbi-‘ukum-bimaa ta’-kuluuna wa maa tadda-khi-ruuna fii buyuutikum. ‘Inna fii zaalika la-‘aayatal-lakum ‘in- Kuntum-Mu’-miniin.
It was described to Mary (peace be upon her) that God Almighty will grant following qualities to Jesus (peace be upon him):
· He (God Almighty) will teach him (peace be upon him) the Scripture and Wisdom particularly the knowledge of Torah and Gospel.
· He (peace be upon him) will teach the people deepest sayings of the wisdom.
· God Almighty will make him a Messenger (peace be upon him) for the Guidance of the Children of Israel.
· Allah Almighty will bestow for him (peace be upon him) some miracles. He (peace be upon him) will fashion out of clay the likeness of a bird, breathe into it and that will be a bird, by God’s leave.
· He (peace be upon him) will say the people, “I heal him who was born blind, and the leper by the leave of God Almighty”.
· He (peace be upon him) will also inform the people, “I raise the dead, by Allah’s leave”.
· Then he will tell them, “I announce unto you what ye eat and what ye store up in your houses”.
Doctors and philosophers were very powerful during the time of Prophet Jesus Christ (peace be upon him). Therefore, he (peace be upon him) was given such miracles which would have to open upon the people that He (peace be upon him) has superiority over the entire people of His time.