LESSON # 360
Helpers of Jesus (peace be upon him) in the Cause of God Almighty
Surah ‘Aali ‘Imraan (The Family of Imran - 3), Stage – 1,
Verses – 52 to 54 of 200, Section – 5 of 20, (Part – 3)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
52. But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he said: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We will be Allah’s helpers. We believe in Allah, and bear thou witness that we have surrendered (unto Him).
53. Our Lord! We believe in that which Thou hast revealed and we follow him whom Thou hast sent, so enroll us among those who witness (to the truth).
54. And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them), and Allah is the best of schemers.
52. Falammaaa ‘ahassa ‘Iisaa min-humul-Kufra qaala man ‘Ansaariii ’ilAllaah. Qaalal-Hawaa-riyyuuna nahnu ‘Ansaa-rUllaah. ‘Aamannaa BIllaah. Wash-had bi-‘annaa Muslimuun.
53. Rabbanaaa ‘aamannaa bi-maa ‘anzalTa wattaba’-nar-Rasuula fak-tubnaa ma-‘ash-Shaahidiin.
54. Wa makaruu wa makarAllaah. WAllaahu Khayrul-maa-kiriin.
‘al-Hawaa-riyyuuna – (it is plural of Hawaari which means companion, friend, disciple, helper etc.), the philosophers of the religion have different view about the ‘al-Hawaa-riyyuun. General opinion about it is that at first two persons out of the children of Israel believed in Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him). They were washer-men. Due to washing the clothes, they were called Hawaarii. Prophet Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) described them, “Come and learn from me (peace be upon him), how to purify the hearts”. They said, “We are standing in the service”. Therefore, they were entitled Hawaarii.
When the children of Israel disbelieved in reply to the invitation and preaching of Prophet Jesus Messiah (peace be upon him) and he (peace be upon him) knew that those people would never accept his religion. But they were thinking to give him pain and trouble, then he announced, “Who will be my helpers in the Cause of Allah”? Those ‘al-Hawaa-riyyuun (the Companions) answered to the prophet Jesus (peace be upon him), “We will be your helpers in the religion of Allah. We believe in God, and bear Thou O Jesus our witness that we have surrendered for the Cause of Allah. We shall follow the Messenger (peace be upon him) of God Almighty. Our Lord! We believe in that which You have revealed and we follow him whom You have sent, so enroll us among those who witness (to the truth).
Makarun – (scheme, plan, gait), the children of Israel began different kinds of conspiracies and secret plans against Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him). To such extent; they poisoned the ears of then existing King, that this person (Jesus) was a mutineer of the government and desired to change Torah (Scripture of Allah Almighty) (God forbid). The King ordered to arrest Jesus Christ (peace be upon him). At the other hand; Allah Almighty schemed Himself, which will be discussed in the next lesson. Certainly, Allah Almighty is the Best of schemers. None can break it.