LESSON # 352
Glad tidings for Zachariah regarding a son named John, who confirmed a Word from God
Surah ‘Aali ‘Imraan (The Family of Imran - 3), Stage – 1,
Verses – 38 & 39 of 200, Section – 4 of 20, (Part – 3)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
38. Then Zachariah prayed unto his Lord and said: My Lord! Bestow upon me of Thy Bounty goodly offspring. Lo! Thou art the Hearer of Prayer.
39. And the angels called to him as he stood praying in the sanctuary: Allah giveth thee glad tidings of (a son whose name is) John, (who cometh) to confirm a Word from Allah, lordly, chaste, a Prophet of the righteous.
38. Hunaalika da-‘aa Zakariyyaa Rabbah. Qaala Rabbi hablii mil-ladunka zurriyyatan- tayyibah. ‘InnaKa Samii-‘ud-duaaa’.
39. Fanaadat-hul-malaaa-‘ikatu wa huwa qaaa-‘imuny-yusallii fil- Mihraabi- ‘annAllaaha Yubash-shiruka bi-Yahyaa musaddiqam-bi-Kalimatim-minAllaahi wa sayyidanw-wa hasuuranw-wa Nabiyyam-minas-saalihiin.
Prophet Zachariah (peace be upon him) used to grieve in His heart; looking at the condition of His (peace be upon Him) nation and think: No one seems to be the Heir of that Knowledge of Prophet-hood which is a specified thing of the family of Prophet Abraham (peace be upon Him) in the entire nation at this time. Will these people be deprived from it after Me (peace be upon Him)? He had no child in his house. His wife was barren and he had become old. He (peace be upon Him) used to pray always, “O my Lord! Appoint someone heir of my knowledge”.
Supplication of Prophet Zachariah (peace be upon him) was accepted. One day, when He (peace be upon him) was standing in His sanctuary for worship of Allah Almighty, an angel (peace be upon him) called him and told, “God Almighty gives you glad tidings of (a son whose name is) John.” The Angel (peace be upon him) of Allah Almighty described also following characteristics of that blessed Child:
· He (peace be upon him) will confirm and verify a Word from God Almighty.
· He (peace be upon him) will be lordly and chaste.
· And he (peace be upon him) will be a Prophet of the righteous.