Quran Chapter 4-97 to 99 (Pt-5, Stg-1) (L-586) - درس قرآن
Command of immigration for the oppressed
Suratun-Nisaaa’ (The Women) – Chapter – 4)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
97. Lo! As for those whom the angels take (in death) while they wrong themselves, (the angels) will ask: In what were ye engaged? They will say: We were oppressed in the land. (The angels) will say: Was not Allah’s earth spacious that ye could have migrated therein? As for such, their habitation will be Hell. And what an evil journey’s end.
98. Except the feeble among men, and the women, and the children, who are unable to devise a plan and are not shown a way-
99. As for such, it may be that Allah will pardon them. And Allah is Ever-Clement, Forgiving.
97. ‘Innal-laziina ta-waffaa-hu-mul-malaaa-‘ikatu zaalimiii ‘anfu-sihim qaaluu fiimaa kuntum. Qaaluu kunnaa mustaz-‘afiina fil-‘arz. Qaaluu ‘alam takun ‘arzUllaahi waasi-‘atan fatu-haajiruu fiihaa. Fa-‘ulaaa-‘ika ma’-waahum Jahannam. Wa saaa-‘at masiiraa.
98. ‘Illal-mustaz-‘afiina mi-nar-rijaali wan-nisaaa-‘i wal-wildaani laa yastatii-‘uuna hii-latanw-wa laa yahtaduuna sabiilaa.
99. Fa-‘ulaaa-‘ika ‘asAllaahu ‘any-ya’-fuwa ‘anhum. Wa kaanAllaahu ‘afuwwan- Gafuuraa.
It is the abstract of above mentioned verses that after embracing Islam and believing in Holy Qur’an as a Guide, dwelling calmly does not have any sense. Those persons have been related in these verses with evil-doers, that is to say; tyrants for themselves, who keep belief in their hearts, but do not act upon the orders of Holy Qur’an fairly. They are spoiling their own. The Angels (peace be upon them) will ask from such people at the time of their death, “While truth of Holy Qur’an was manifested upon you, then why are you dying empty-handed today”? Why do you not have good deeds with you? Then their eyes will be opened. They will not be able to compose any reply. Lastly they will say, “While we were suppressed from others, then what would we have to do? We did not have power to oppose those people. We were weak, old and helpless”. Then the Angels (peace be upon them) will say, “What a strange thing? The earth created by Allah Almighty was lying too much spacious. You would have left that land of tyrant people and immigrated to any place of peace. There, you could get opportunity to act upon the religious teachings without hindrance. At this stage, they would be unable to reply because it was their own fault. It has been commanded here that abode of such people is the Hell, which is the worst place for living. However, ill men, women and children, who neither can think about any plan, nor they know about any path and nor they are able to work, their excuse can be accepted and hopefully Allah Almighty will forgive them.