Lesson # 400
For being successful, enjoin right conduct and forbid the wrong
Surah ‘Aali ‘Imraan (The Family of Imran - 3), Stage – 1,
Verse – 104 of 200, Section – 11 of 20, (Part – 4)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
104. And there may spring from you a nation who invite to goodness, and enjoin right conduct and forbid the wrong. And such are they who are successful.
104. Wal-takum-minkum ‘Umma-tuny-yad-‘uuna ‘ilal-khayri wa ya’-muruuna bil-ma’-ruufi wa yanhawna ‘anil-munkar. Wa ‘ulaaa-‘ika humul-mufli-huun.
It has been described by God Almighty in this verse that abstinence, alliance and concordance in national life, Islamic brother-hood and other common excellence may remain till then, until a group from the Muslims stand firm for inviting and delivering the message of Islam to non-believers. They would have to call the world towards the Holy Qur-’aan and the Sayings and Practices of Last Prophet; Muhammad (grace, glory, blessings and peace of Allah Almighty be upon him) with their words and deeds. And when they feel that the people are disregarding the goodness and have involved in the badness, then they should cause to draw their attention towards the virtue, enjoin the right conduct and forbid them from the evil.
It is clear that this work can be done only by those people who may distinguish between good and bad, aware perfectly of the teachings of Holy Qur-’aan and they should also be able to look for the opportunity. Otherwise, it is also possible that either an uncivilized/ignorant person will create more infringement instead of correction by supposing the goodness as badness and the badness as goodness, or he may adopt any such method, which may cause to increase their infidelity.
Existence of such group has remained in every time and period, which has been trying its best to invite the people to goodness, enjoin the right conduct and forbid them from belief in a plurality of Allah Almighty, idolatry, infidelity, irreligious and worship of superstition. Islam has been spreading only due to their efforts, while the depravity, opposition, mischief and brawl are spreading commonly. Essentially, this type of group should be supported, more and more people should be connected with it. They should perform following three duties bringing their full possible means in function with complete exertion and earnestness:
· Da’-wah ‘ilal-khayri - (invitation towards the goodness), by delivering the Message of Islam to unbelievers.
· ‘Amr bil-Ma’-ruufi - (enjoining the right conduct), to spread the goodness imperatively, put the common people on the Path of goodness.
· Nahii ‘anil-munkar - (to forbid the wrong), to stop the badness and evils from the nation and the state with an explicit command.
As though, it is the duty of the chastiser group to invite the people towards goodness, enjoin the right conduct and forbid the wrong with full strength and power practically.