Lesson # 408
Causes of God’s Punishment
Surah ‘Aali ‘Imraan (The Family of Imran - 3), Stage – 1,
Verse – 112b of 200, Section – 12 of 20, (Part – 4)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
112b. That is because they used to disbelieve the Revelations of Allah, and slew the Prophets wrongfully. That is because they were disobedient and used to transgress.
112b. Zaalika bi-‘annahum kaanuu yakfuruuna bi-‘AayaaTIllaahi wa yaqtuluunal-‘ambi-yaaa-‘a bigayri haqq; zaalika bimaa ‘asaw-wa kaanuu ya’-taduun.
The recitation of a nation, who earned the anger of Allah Almighty (the Jews), is being mentioned continuously. At first, following various forms of Divine’s wrath were described in the first part of this verse:
· Disgrace and ignominy will be imposed on them, wherever they will proceed.
· They have come in the grip of God’s wrath. Sovereignty, liberty and freedom will not be in their luck.
· Wretchedness, poverty and bankruptcy will overcome on them.
There can be only two forms to be saved from the wrath of the Most Strong Ruler (Allah Almighty):
· If they hold fast the rope of Allah Almighty, follow the Divine law of religion and become His slaves (servants).
· If they make treaties and promise with other People and nations, and come in with their support.
In this part of the verse, God Almighty commands that there are four causes of this situation:
· They used to disbelieve in the Revelations of Allah Almighty; that is to say; they used to falsify the Commandments of God Almighty. And the signs and miracles, which were sent down, they did not accept them too.
· They slew the Prophets and Messengers (peace be upon them) unjust. Slaying the Prophets (peace be upon them) was not such a minor crime, but they committed this evil without any particular reason.
· They made the evil and the disobedience as their national custom.
· They used to transgress, it aims that they crossed the Divine’s limitations and did not remain bound in the limits of the laws.
Entire history of the Jews is evident upon such analysis of their national life. Establishment of the so-called state of Israel itself is a living proof of the truth of God's Word.