Our Lord! Lo! We believe, so forgive us our sins and guard us from the punishment of Fire
Surah ‘Aali ‘Imraan (The Family of Imran - 3), Stage – 1,
Verses – 16 & 17 of 200, Section – 2 of 20, (Part – 3)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
16. Those who say: Our Lord! Lo! we believe, so forgive us our sins and guard us from the punishment of Fire.
17. The steadfast, and the truthful, and the obedient, and those who spend (and hoard not), and those who pray for pardon in the watches of the night.
16. ‘Allaziina yaquuluuna Rabbaanaaa ‘innanaaa ‘aamannaa- fagfir-lanaa zunuubanaa wa qinaa ‘azaaban-Naar.
17. ‘As-Saabiriina was-Saadi-qiina wal- Qaanitiina wal-Munfiqiina wal-Mustagfiriina bil- ‘as-haar.
Bil- ‘as-haar – (in the watches of the night), Sahar is the time when darkness of night mingles with the light of dawn. This last part of the night has the characteristic that particularly this time is the time for satisfying and awakening of the spiritual powers, although it is difficult for oneself to awake at that time.
Virtues of those people have been described in the verse who were called the pious persons and “those who keep away from the evil, with their Lord, are Gardens; underneath which; rivers flow; wherein; they will abide for ever, and pure companions, and goodwill of Allah”. These good manners have been appended below:
1. These people use to become pattern of humility and meekness instead of being proud and arrogant on their piety and sobriety. They pray from Allah always, “O Lord, forgive our sins and save us from the Fire of Hell”.
2. They remain in patience. Whenever, they are put in an trial, they beg from Allah Almighty to bestow them constancy and steadfastness.
3. These people are honest in their sayings, heart and intentions. They are pure in matters, straightforward, abstinent from telling a lie, deceit or hypocrisy.
4. They remain stick to obey the commands of God Almighty despite undergoing through very hardships; avoid committing evils, and hate wrong deeds and sins.
5. They spend from the wealth given by Allah Almighty at His prescribed times, do not be stingy and miser. They take part actively in paying charitable donations and do not waste any opportunity of goodness.
6. They pray for pardon of their sins and errors from their Lord awaking in the last part of the night. That is to say; they spend last part of night in worship and likewise they remain seekers of forgiveness from sins sincerely.
We must try to create these qualities into ourselves, so that we may also join the pious people and deserve the blessings of Allah Almighty.