God will bring you to account for that what is in your minds or hide it
Surah ‘Al-Baqarah (The Cow) – Chapter – 2)
Stage – 1, Verses – 283 & 284 of 286, Section – 40 of 40 (Part - 3)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
283. If ye be on a journey and cannot find a scribe, then a pledge in hand (shall suffice). And if one of you entrusteth to another let him who is trusted deliver up that which is entrusted to him (according to the pact between them) and let him observe his duty to Allah, his Lord. And hide not testimony. And he, who hideth it, verily his heart is sinful. And Allah is Aware of what ye do.
283. Wa ‘in-kuntum ‘alaa safarinw-wa lam taji-duu kaatiban fari-haanum-maq-buuzah. Fa- ‘in ‘a-mina ba’-zukum ba’-zan- fal-yu- ‘addil-lazi’-tumina ‘amaanatahuu wal—yatta-QIllaaha Rabbah. Wa laa taktumush-shahaadah. Wa many-yaktumhaa fa- ‘innahuuu ‘aa-simun- qalbuh. WAllaahu bimaa ta’-maluuna ‘Aliim.
Ri-haanun - (the things, which are pledged), the word rahn is also in common use in Urdu language. That is to say; to give something (like property, a house or assets etc) to the lender in connection with debt as part of the loan for trust.
Particularly, it should bear in mind that getting advantage from the thing, which has been pledged, is prohibited. If the creditor will acquire gain from the pawned thing, then it will be equal to the Interest, and according to the Divine Law, it is unlawful. Mortgage can be kept only as surety, not for getting advantage.
yu- ‘addu – (to deliver up), this word has been derived from ‘adaa-‘un which means ‘to reimburse’, to pay, to complete.
Last Instructions in connection with inscription and evidence have been delivered in this verse. God Almighty Commanded, “If you are in the condition of journey, you do not know how to read and write, any other scribe is also not available, then! Pledge something in this condition. He should return that thing or property committed to the trust honestly, with whom the pledged thing or trust has been deposited.
Once again it has been emphasized besides this, “Never hide the evidence, otherwise you will become sinner, Allah Almighty Knows your every act and movement”.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
284. Unto Allah (belongeth) whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. And whether ye make known what is in your minds or hide it, Allah will bring you to account for it. He will forgive whom He will and He will punish whom He will. And Allah is Able to do all things.
284. LIllaahi maa fis-samaa-waati wa maa fil-’arz. Wa ‘in- tubduu maa fiii ‘an-fusikum ‘aw tukh-fuuhu yuhaa-sibkum- biHIllaah. Fa-yag-firu limany-yashaaa- ‘u wa yu- ‘azzibu many-yashaaa’- WAllaahu ‘alaa kulli shay-‘in- Qadiir.
Last section (Rakuu’) of Surah (Chapter) Baqarah (The Cow) begins from this verse. It is Style of Explanation of the Holy Qur’an that original sense of each Surah is repeated at its end. Moreover, at the end of every verse, any particular word comes out of the Attributes of Allah Almighty, which manifests the text of the entire verse. In addition, this matter is also included in the arrangement of the Word of Allah Almighty that It describes over and over in between the different orders and instructions as Belief in Allah, Fear of God and Faith in the Day of Resurrection.
In this connection, more part is extending over the financial matters. In the beginning, emphasis and incitement is for spending in the Way of Allah Almighty. The badness has been indicated after describing the matter through different likenesses in a pleasant manner, which is the biggest stoppage in this Path of Goodness. That is to say, unlawful earning in the form of Usury Business, besides this, turning in Trading and dishonesty make a man hardhearted and unfortunate. Therefore, evidence and to be reduced to writing (an agreement, etc) are determined particularly necessary.
At the end, it is commanded that the entire property, assets and wealth, creatures of the world – earth and skies are of Allah Almighty. If you will spend something for His pleasure and in accord with His order, then there is neither any beneficence of yours, nor you will suffer any kind of shortage in your wealth. He will bring you to account for your external, internal and everything. He has fully control over freedom and torment, and He is Able to do all things.