LESSON # 369
A party of the People of the Scripture long to make you go astray
Surah ‘Aali ‘Imraan (The Family of Imran - 3), Stage – 1,
Verses – 69 to 71 of 200, Section – 7 of 20, (Part – 3)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
69. A party of the People of the Scripture long to make you go astray. And they make none to go astray except themselves, but they perceive not.
70. O People of the Scripture! Why disbelieve ye in the Revelations of Allah, when ye (yourselves) bear witness (to their truth)?
71. O People of the Scripture! Why confound ye truth with falsehood and knowingly conceal the truth?
69. Waddat-taaa-‘ifatum-min ‘Ahlil-Kitaabi law yuzil-luuna-kum. Wa maa yuzil-luuna ‘illaaa ‘anfusahum wa maa yash-‘uruun.
70. Yaaa-‘Ahlil-Kitaabi lima takfuruuna bi-‘AayaaTIllaahi wa ‘an-tum tash-haduun.
71. Yaaa-‘Ahlal-Kitaabi lima tal-bisuunal-haqqa bil-baatili wa taktumuunal-haqqa wa ‘an-tum ta’-lamuun.
In the previous verse, God Almighty described, “’Allaahu Waliyyul- Mu’-miniin” (Allah is the Protecting Guardian of the Believers). In this verse, He commanded: O the People of the Scripture! While Allah is the Protecting Guardian of the Believers, then you cannot deceive them. It is the wish of some people of the Scripture that - as they (themselves) went astray, the Muslims should also be misled from the Right Path. But the Muslims will never be entrapped in their net. However, they are enhancing in misfortune of their depravity. Harm of these attempts will come up to them, which they do not understand presently.
Then the People of the Scripture have been warned, “Do not deny the Word of Allah Almighty, whereas those Holy Books, in which you have faith, contain the glad tidings about the Last Messenger, Muhammad (grace, glory, blessings and peace of Allah Almighty be upon him) and the Holy Qur-’aan, to which your hearts understand well. And whenever you are alone, you accept it. But openly, you avoid believing in the Last Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace of Allah Almighty be upon him).
The children of Israel had amended some commands of Torah totally due to worldly greediness, some were concealed and did not use to proclaim about them. For instance; they did not use to mention the glad tidings and predictions regarding the Last Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace of Allah Almighty be upon him). It has been pointed out towards these kinds of matters that - O the People of the Scripture! Why do you amalgamate true and false? And why do you falsify the true glad tidings? Whereas you know that, these all sayings are quite right.
It seems from these verses that the People of the Scripture keep envy with the Muslims and try always to let them go astray like themselves. For this purpose, they will adopt different schemes for the Muslims; they will conspire and consult secretly against them. But God Almighty is the Protecting Guardian of the Believers; He will never let them succeed in their plans.
Transliterated Holy in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by , Published by Company, 17-Urdu , Lahore, Lesson collected from published By , Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad )